Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cucumber lemon mint infused water

I hate water. Buuuuuuut....I know I need to drink it. My dietician suggested this recipe for cucumber lemon mint infused water to me, and I can't get enough of it. It's so delicious, and simple. Check this out
Mmm. How freakin' good does that look? Alright, here's how I made it (I changed her recipe up just a bit though)

1 cucumber, rinsed peeled and cut into thin slices
2 lemons
2 sprigs of mint (I don't know, "sprigs" sounds about right, doesn't it?)
1/4 cup of stevia in the raw
1 gallon of distilled water
1 gallon pitcher

Pour water into pitcher, pour out about a cup to make room for the crap you're about to put in it. Put cucumbers and mint in water. Cut 1 lemon in half and put in water. Juice second lemon and pour in water, and put the lemon rind in the water as well. Add stevia (add 1/2 cup instead if you want it to have a bit more sweetness to it. The 1/4 doesn't really add very much sweetness at all) Stir, then let sit over night. Enjoy! I didn't exactly wait to let it "infuse". I gave it a good stir and poured some into my water bottle for my trip to Pinnacle Mountain.
Isn't that a gorgeous view? My only regret was I didn't bring 2 water bottles full of this stuff. I've had some for breakfast this morning too. It's even better on day two. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment