Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Frosted Glass Vases

So I've been needing some nice storage in my bathroom for things like toothbrushes, cotton balls, q-tips, etc. Like most single mothers, I'm one broke lady. I'd like to have a really pretty $20 toothbrush holder, and a $15 glass to hold whatever else, but I just ain't gonna spend the money. So here's what I did (with a little inspiration from Pinterest) I've seen people take glasses, put rubber bands around them randomly, then spray paint them white. It looks pretty sweet and all, but I have a whole can of frosted spray paint. Here's my version of it:
I had a vase that I got from Dollar Tree a while ago that isn't being used for anything. I cleaned it (just used some window cleaner), and put rubber bands around it.
I used Valspar Frosting Spray Paint, from Lowes. I can't remember how much it was, I wanna say around $5.
And two coats later, letting it dry about 20 minutes between coats, this is what mommy did :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow your mom did great! Actually because of this blog I want to make my own frosted glass art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It's so easy, I love the frosted glass spray paint, I even used it on the window in my kitchen door :)

    ReplyDelete