Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pallet wood art

Isn't she a beaut? Haha, ok. Well I had some leftover pallet wood after I made a pallet couch (which, by the way, I don't like, but that's for another post). We had one pallet cut down a bit and we were going to try and make a side table or something, but our carpentry skills aren't what they should be :) So I ripped the pallet apart (I had already stained the wood with Minwax Dark Walnut, I believe) which wasn't a fun or easy task. A pain in the ass, actually. Then, I took 2x4's, cut them down to size, and nailed the pallet wood pieces together to the two 2x4's. Next, I just free handed the LOVE with regular acrylic paint. Voila. Simple, pretty much free artwork. To hang it on the wall, I just nailed a couple nails on the back halfway in, wrapped floral wire between the two nails, then nailed the nails in all the way. Simple. Easy. Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment